What information do we collect and how is it used?
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to share quilting products, information, and ideas. The information we collect allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from Scissortail Quilting visitors:
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records. We are unable to retrieve your password.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with customer & user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Payment Processing through Etsy – this platform is used to serve some of our eCommerce needs. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order servicing and fulfillment.
- Payment Processing through Craftsy – this platform may be used to serve some of our eCommerce needs. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order servicing and fulfillment.
- Payment Processing through PayPal – this service is used to serve our eCommerce needs. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order servicing and fulfillment.
- Payment Processing through Payhip – this service is used to serve our eCommerce needs for digital downloads. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order servicing and fulfillment.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on an affiliate partnership link, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Maria Gee, of Scissortail Quilting, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, operated through Mailchimp, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties. Mailchimp’s own policy for the handling of data can be accessed here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us through the website contact form to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request here: https://scissortailquilting.com/contact
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request at https://scissortailquilting.com/contact
Please note that when required by law or when necessary for record keeping or transaction fulfillment, we may need to retain certain information.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
How do we protect your information?
Scissortail Quilting is housed on a fully secured hosting service that uses regular Malware Scanning. In addition, Scissortail Quilting has an SSL certificate for this site and our this site is an HTTPS (green padlocked) site. You should note that none of your personal information is kept directly on this site. Any personal information you might give or enter on our website will be housed on 3rd party servers that also use an SSL certificate and are verified as completely secure.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to use the Site. As a result, Scissortail Quilting does not specifically collect information about children and the website is not directed to children. Please contact us at the address provided at the end of this page if you believe your minor may have provided personal information to our website. If we learn that Scissortail Quilting has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using Scissortail Quilting or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
What we will do in the event of a data breach:
In the event that personal information is breached on our Website, you will be notified you via email within 7 business days after we are made aware of the breach.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74137