Flying Geese

Share This
« Back to Glossary Index

Image of Flying Geese Unit


A rectangular patchwork block consisting of a large central triangle with two smaller triangles on each side.  The triangular unit is referred to as the “goose” and the two side triangles are often referred to as “sky” triangles.

There are numerous techniques used by quilters to accurately make Flying Geese units. Instructions for making Flying Geese units can by found in the Block Library.