Join Our Quilt Block Scavenger Hunt!
Hey there! Guess what? I’ve just finished adding twenty-six (yes, you read that right, twenty-six!) brand new quilt block cutting charts to our fantastic Quilt Block Library.
Note: This post has been updated – the contest is over, and the answers to the clues were added along with links to the blocks.
But here’s the best part – it’s time for a scavenger hunt!
Get ready for some fun and the chance to win some awesome prizes!
Out of these twenty-six blocks, over twenty of them are completely fresh downloads. However, I must confess that a few of them are recycled from previous random giveaways. If you’ve been a loyal visitor for more than four years, you might have spotted a handful of them, though they were never featured in the public library.
I’m beyond thrilled to share these blocks with you. Although I’ve double and triple checked the math on these blocks, I haven’t actually made sample blocks for every single one of them. So, if you happen to notice that something looks off, please let me know as soon as possible, and I’ll fix it right away.
Now, let’s get to the fun part – the Scavenger hunt!
Below, you’ll find clues to help you guess the names of the twenty-six new blocks. And guess what? One of them is a freebie because, well, I couldn’t come up with a clever clue for it. Haha!
Take a look at each clue and try to match it with the name of a block. Once you’ve come up with your list of twenty-six block names, send me an email with the names in the order the clues were given. Don’t worry, you can use the Quilt Block Library to search for blocks that fit the clues and contain a downloadable pattern.
The treasure hunt contest closes on Sunday, September 17, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. CST.
Out of all the correct responses received before the deadline, I’ll randomly select one lucky winner who will receive a $25 Etsy gift card. But wait, there’s more! Five lucky runner-ups will also be randomly chosen to receive a fantastic 50% off coupon, redeemable for any item in my Etsy shop.
On Monday, September 18, 2023, I’ll update the post with the correct answers and notify all the winners.
So, what are you waiting for? Let the treasure hunt begin! Happy searching, and may the odds be in your favor!
- Freebie: FOUR X STAR QUILT BLOCK (And isn’t this a lovely block?)
- Telltale sign that this yellow vegetable is about to bear fruit. SQUASH BLOSSOM QUILT BLOCK
- She wasn’t supposed to cry when this guy got to Alabama. OH SUSANNAH QUILT BLOCK
- If you had a silly argument with your spouse they might call it this. LOVER’S TIFF QUILT BLOCK
- You could say that Mary Cate or Ashley is one of these. TWIN STAR QUILT BLOCK
- This is another name for daydreaming. AIR CASTLE QUILT BLOCK
- Honking birds pinned to a stick so that they revolve when the wind blows. PINWHEEL GEESE QUILT BLOCK
- Double trouble for Don Quixote. DOUBLE WINDMILL QUILT BLOCK
- This block is not just for Canadians. MAPLE LEAF QUILT BLOCK
- That place where Eve ate the forbidden fruit. GARDEN OF EDEN QUILT BLOCK
- Why Opie might say, “You’re mighty useful, Pa!” HANDY ANDY QUILT BLOCK
- They make a great drink but are not great at predicting the future. TEA LEAF QUILT BLOCK
- One of the US’s oldest cities, now nicknamed the Insurance Capitol of the World. HARTFORD QUILT BLOCK
- This would take me to my favorite state. ROAD TO OKLAHOMA QUILT BLOCK
- The helicopter parents of the aviary world. HOVERING HAWKS QUILT BLOCK
- When a Native American has a conundrum. INDIAN PUZZLE QUILT BLOCK
- A star block named after the buckeye state. OHIO STAR QUILT BLOCK
- He might pop up and hand you a hamburger. JACK IN THE BOX QUILT BLOCK
- You know it’s fall when these show up on your neighbor’s porch. PUMPKIN QUILT BLOCK
- A place where angels were seen ascending and descending. JACOB’S LADDER QUILT BLOCK
- What a spinster has when confused. OLD MAID’S PUZZLE QUILT BLOCK
- A guy named Charles over in the UK recently got one of these. KING’S CROWN QUILT BLOCK
- Marriage prep for Catholics. STEPS TO THE ALTAR QUILT BLOCK
- The policies this beloved president stood on (or he might have been waiting on a train). LINCOLN’S PLATFORM QUILT BLOCK
- A summer flower sometimes called “sow and forget.” LOVE IN A MIST QUILT BLOCK
- You usually do this when you put food in your mouth. SWALLOW QUILT BLOCK
Happy Hunting! And I hope you have fun playing along and grabbing the downloads.
Enjoy the new block patterns!